It can be difficult to know what type of digital marketing is right for your business. That’s why we’re going to break down the different types of marketing and help you decide which ones work best for you. Take a look at our list and don’t forget to contact us if you have any questions!
1) Search engine optimization: SEO, or search engine optimization, ensures that your website ranks higher on search engines like Google, Yahoo!, Bing, etc. It helps people find your site when they are searching online with keywords related to your product or service. This type of marketing requires a lot more effort than other types because it needs constant attention in order to maintain high rankings on the search engines.
2) Social Media Marketing: Social media marketing is the process of developing a company’s online presence by posting, engaging with, and sharing content on social networks like Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. This type of marketing allows companies to express their personality and create customer relationships as well as promote products. It also helps businesses generate leads through inbound links in social profiles.
3) Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC): Pay per click marketing is a form of online advertising where you buy specific keywords from search engines like Google. These ads show up on the first pages for these phrases and can be clicked to visit your website or landing page.
Advantages: PPC is a great way to get customers quickly because it lends itself well to impulse buys – someone might see an advert and click straight away resulting in a sale. It is also more cost-effective than other, longer digital marketing campaigns and it can be tracked easily by generating reports from the search engines themselves
Disadvantages: PPC needs to constantly monitor because competitors might outbid you for your own keywords which will make them show up on the first page instead of yours – meaning they could get customers that you are targeting.
4) Email Marketing: Email marketing is a form of online marketing that allows companies to send emails, either for the purposes of promoting their own products or services or advertising on behalf of other businesses.
Advantages: email is one of the least expensive yet highly effective forms of digital marketing because it reaches customers directly without any intermediaries – and as such can be very personalised.
Disadvantages: the disadvantages of email marketing is that it can’t be used to target as broad an audience as social media or SEO.
5) Content Marketing: Content marketing is when a business creates and shares relevant, valuable content to attract prospects.
Advantages: it’s an effective form of digital marketing because people are more likely to trust a company if they can see the value in what that company is offering – especially when there are other related forms like SEO or social media marketing.
Disadvantages: one disadvantage of content marketing is that it can be difficult to measure the results. This is because the method falls further down the sales funnel, and the metrics used to measure it are less well-defined than those for other types of digital marketing.
It’s important to understand the different types of marketing and when they should be used. For example, if you are a small business owner or someone who is just starting out in their career as an entrepreneur, then social media marketing can help get your name out there quickly and inexpensively. If you need more targeted exposure for your product offerings or service niche, search engine optimization might be a good choice for you. Whatever type of digital marketing strategy best fits with what it is that you sell online today–or plan on selling soon–our team at Total Odds Media will ensure that we create something really great both aesthetically and strategically to meet all of your needs while getting better results than ever before!